Job Opening – Registered Nurse (RN)
Bridge Atlanta Medical Center, a 501(c)3 charitable medical center located in Norcross, Georgia, seeks the services of a part time Registered Nurse. The clinic is open three days a week on Tuesday 9am-3pm, Thursday 3pm-8pm, and Saturday 9am-3pm. The scheduled time will vary by day open to total around six hours/day with the potential of additional hours as identified by the nurse manager. Salary is competitive. The position does not offer benefits.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing clinical support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care, management, organization and communication. You will often lead volunteers in the center under direction from the RN Manager or physician.
• On clinical days open, triage clinical telephone calls and walk-in patients
• Performs patient intake and interview patients, obtaining initial patient history and detailed nursing assessment per protocol and applies age specific training and criteria to all patients
• Assist physicians and other professional staff with treatment and procedures
• Perform testing and procedures independently, per protocol and proficiency testing
• Perform lab quality checks and testing utilizing POC training
• Provides patient education as necessary for appropriate patient care
• Uses diagnostic equipment with appropriate education, training and certification
• Performs phlebotomy as ordered
• Acts as mentor, and provides direction for volunteers and Medical Assistant staff
• Completes HIPPA training and is able to verbalize understanding of patient privacy rights
• Participates in emergency lifesaving measures and maintaining equipment for emergency lifesaving procedures
• Utilization and integration of the nursing process and principals into a patient plan of care.
• Ability to develop strategies to modify nursing practice requirements while maintaining quality outcomes.
• Follows up with individual patient care including call back for lab testing and continuance of care that may be outside the scope of Bridge Atlanta
• Produce and distribute correspondence, memos, letters, faxes and forms
• Responsible for inventory control of medical supplies and equipment and appropriate stocking and cleaning of exam and procedure rooms
• Oversees orientation and training of volunteer clinic staff as directed by RN Manager
• Complies with HIPPA regulations
• Oversees compliance with all OSHA regulations and training as delegated by the RN Manager
• Proven work experience minimum 1-3 years as a Registered Nurse in an outpatient or ambulatory care center
• Bachelor of Nursing preferred, minimum of an Associate Degree from an accredited school of nursing
• Current nursing license in the state of Georgia
• Proficiency in electronic medical records
• Demonstrated competencies for procedures and skills as outlined (phlebotomy, POC testing, ECG, etc.)
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
• Social perceptiveness and service orientation
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Current BLS certificate
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their resume and 2-3 references to the attention of Erin Bagen, Clinical RN Manager, at Erin.Bagen@BridgeAtlantaMedicalCenter.org or can call (770) 806-0162 for further questions.