All volunteers are required to show a valid piece of photo identification for our files. Acceptable documents include state ID, drivers license, or passport.
2. Requested Commitment (and exceptions)
In the interests of sustainability and continuity, we ask our primary volunteers (that is, those who staff ongoing clinics) to make a average commitment of one volunteer shift per month, at a minimum of four (4) months.
We believe that when the same people work the same shift together each month, we will get incredible results. Results such as improving clinic capacity, building patient relationships, and increasing overall effectiveness just by getting to know each other.
There are exceptions to this commitment request:
- Health Professionals, Physicians, Specialists, Dentists, Pharmacists, etc., or other professionals who have challenging schedules, sometimes commit to one shift per quarter (4 times per year).
- Professional Volunteers (non-clinical), Legal Counsel, IT Consultants, etc., who offer to contribute their services will determine the scope & duration of their contribution.
- Interns or Externs (academic or other) may serve increased hours or a shorter time span depending on external requirements and/or internal program needs.
Georgia State Department of Health Credentials: All health professionals, including Medical Assistants, must be actively licensed, registered or certified by the Georgia State Department of Health.
4. Liability Insurance
Volunteers are covered by the Bridge Atlanta Medical Center professional liability policy.
5. Physician Assistants
PA’s are encouraged to volunteer, but must first file a practice plan with the GA Department of Health (supervised by our medical director) and volunteer a minimum of once a quarter. We will provide you the paperwork after reviewing your application.
6. Background Check
- Policy : As part of the volunteer application process, Bridge Alanta Medical center policy requires that all staff (volunteer and employed) pass a criminal background check.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact the Volunteer Office at 1.877.406.6048